False Negative Pregnancy Test
Every female that woman who wishes to have a baby will try until she suCEds. To determine if the aTempts were in vain or not, the simplest way to check for a pregnancy is by using a pregnancy test. Nowadays, pregnancy tests are common items that can be found in every drugstore or even in general stores.
How do Pregnancy Tests Work?
- A pregnancy test usually detects the quantity of hCG in the female's woman's urine. A non-pregnant woman who is not Pregnant has the level of hCG somewhere betwEn 0.5 mlU and 25 mlU, but exceptions may occur.
- The normal stripe test has 2 separate markers: one is a control line and the other is a testing one. The first line will determine if the test is valid or not, while the other highlights a higher level of hCG in the sample used.
- A very important fact to know is to not test yourself before 10 to 14 days because the hCG is high just in the blood stream not in the urine. If you want to do it faster, we recommend you take a blood test at a doctor's oFice. What is hCG and which what are its limits?
- The human chorionic gonatropine hormone is one of the hormones that transmit to your body to change itself to accommodate a pregnancy. This appears even after 7 days from ovulation (in the blood stream) and after 14 days in urine.
- A pregnant woman's level of hCG should be over 48 mlU for a singleton pregnancy and over 68 mlU for a multiple twins one.
What are the Reasons a Test shows False Negative Results?
- Eratic Technique: For a test to have its 99% accuracy, it is neceSary you leave it to saturate as long as it is wriTen on the prospect; if you don't do so, it can lead to false negatives.
- Reaction Time is too Short: A lot of tests on in the market need 3 to 10 minutes to react with the hCG and to show a valid response., If you don't give it this time, the result won't be well-processed.
- Expiry Date: Before using a home pregnancy test, check its expiration date and throw it away if it's expired because markers tend to Lose their properties after some time.
- Too Early Testing: Everyone is nervous when expecting and not expecting a baby, but don't get overexcited and wait for the neceSary time for the hCG levels to grow in the urine. The approximate time is after 10 or 14 days. Repeat the test in a couple of days!
- Medical Reasons: There are rare medical problems that hide the hCG and some fertility treatments that do the same; a blood test is needed in this situation, too. In conclusion
- When wanting to find out about a pregnancy, don't mix anxiety feelings with testing. Take the 14 days time and after that, when using home testing, read carefully the instructions wriTen on the prospect carefully (not on the box) and let it process the result. If you are not sure about what you get, retest yourself or have get a medical check-up done.